Learn to cook, color and store isomalt as you craft colorful, three-dimensional cake decorations. Charity demystifies this sugar art by demonstrating how to use molds to make realistic rubies or champagne flutes you can actually drink from!
Learn how to make sparkling sugar sculptures by pulling isomalt into glossy bows, flowers and leaves and blowing sugar spheres that can be molded into animal figures or balloons. Charity also shares her sugar-spinning technique to create delicate strands of isomalt, which can be turned into textured decorations, from birds’ nests to candy hair.
Hot sugar, coming through!
What You’ll Learn
- How to make isomalt
- To use isomalt molds
- How to pull isomalt flowers, leaves, ribbons and bows
- How to make spun sugar and blow isomalt spheres
- Safe kitchen practices
What You’ll Make
- Curly ribbons and shiny bows
- Sparkling isomalt jewels and glassware
- Roses, tropical flowers and leaves from pulled isomalt
- A “bird’s nest” out of spun sugar
- Spheres of blown isomalt